At the end of 2016, it seemed the UK went crazy for the Danish Concept of ‘Hygge’. A lifestyle choice that means warmth, cosiness and friendship.
After spending five weeks in Denmark, I have had the chance to experience Hygge first hand, living and talking to Danish people all over Denmark, to really get an idea of what it is all about.
It doesn’t look like the idea is slowing down in 2017 either. During a time of Brexit, Political Change and frightening headlines, it’s more important then ever to emphasise the importance of a happy home life!
In essence, it means creating a warm atmosphere and enjoying the good things in life with good people. The Oxford Dictionaries even shortlisted ‘Hygge’ as one of their Words of the Year 2016.
How I have been Hygge in Denmark:
- Having freshly brewed coffee every morning
- Curling up in bed to read my book before sleep.
- Eating freshly baked bread, cheese and homemade Jam over tea with Phil and our Hosts in Denmark, Fredrick and Kirsten.
- Slow Cooking a Roast Dinner while enjoying a glass of wine.
- Spent the evening playing cards over cups of hot chai tea.
- Going for a countryside walk after dinner.
There are lots of ways you can bring Hygge into your life this, it’s about being intentional in looking after yourself. Keeping this in mine I have created something just for you…and its free…
In this free course I show you different and free ways to bring it into your life (it’s easy – trust me!) using research by Meik Wiking (author and CEO of the Happiness Research Institute).
Within this free course I break down the concept of Hygge into a simple 10-part Manifesto, using research by Meik Wiking (author and CEO of the Happiness Research Institute).
Hygge is a cornerstone of Happiness and a way for you to bring positive change into your life, over the course of ten days I will explain and define the ten pillars and how you can incorporate them into your life.
In this FREE eCourse, “How to be Hygge” you’ll learn:
- What the ten pillars of Hygge are
- The secret behind how to add more to your life for free
- How to reduce your stress levels
- Increase your Happiness levels
Just sign up below for your FREE instant access to this eCourse.
Also published on Medium.